A.I.S.E. is the official representative body of the Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products industry in Europe. The Association is comprised of 29 national associations across Europe and beyond, covering more than 900 companies, representing a total market value of €38bn. A.I.S.E.’s mission is to act through its network as the industry’s expert and valued voice in Europe. It ensures and maintains open dialogue with EU institutions, international organisations, NGOs, industry partners and other stakeholders. This is to enable the cleaning and maintenance products’ industry to achieve its goal of a sustainable future for all while improving the environment in which the industry operates.
A.I.S.E., which is located in Brussels and has a permanent staff of 16 multicultural and dynamic professionals, is recruiting a Sustainability Manager. The position reports directly to A.I.S.E.’s Director of Sustainability.
You will be responsible for coordinating and managing activities related to A.I.S.E.’s sustainability strategy for the household and professional cleaning and maintenance products’ industry sector, especially on packaging and packaging waste, bio-based material, and product sustainability criteria. You will monitor upcoming policy initiatives at EU and Members State level, identify priorities for the industry sector, and develop guidance and industry positions accordingly. With the support from experts of the industry network, you will run A.I.S.E.’s projects and activities on the mentioned topics, which includes the management of different working groups.
In addition to communicating with and providing advice to our members, both companies and national associations, you will interact with external parties, such as the European Commission, relevant stakeholder groups, value chain partners, and other industry associations. This includes representation of the topics at internal meetings to members and externally to scientific audiences, stakeholders, and policy makers. You will issue articles for the association’s members’ newsletter and for scientific publications.
- A university degree in sustainability or life/environmental sciences or other scientific studies
- Experience of minimum three years in a similar field in a European environment; experience with trade association work is a plus
- Expertise in Life-Cycle Assessment
- Good understanding of EU legislative framework on sustainability, UNSDGs
- Good writing and communication skills with an excellent command of English; another EU language is an asset
- Good organisational skills, ability to handle several dossiers in parallel and experience in coordinating projects
- Good team-player with an open and international mind-set
- Independent worker with initiative, flexible and open to feedback
- Service oriented
- Curious on new topics and eager to learn
- Proficient in standard office software, web tools
- EU national or owner of a permanent work permit in Belgium
Please provide your CV with a motivation letter by 31 August 2020 to: Caroline Dubois, ([email protected]
) at A.I.S.E., Boulevard du Souverain 165 - 4th floor, 1160 Brussels Belgium, www.aise.eu