This year’s report focusses on the key benefits the industry brings to 500 million EU consumers on a daily basis through consumer education, stakeholder engagement, voluntary industry initiatives, product stewardship and responsible and constructive partnership with EU decision-makers.
A.I.S.E.’s strategic priorities focus on:
- Cleanliness & hygiene: a crucial industry for people’s health and wellbeing, in and outside the home
- Sustainable development: achieving significant savings through voluntary action across the market
- Regulatory affairs: calling for a single market approach and the provision of adequate use information.
Highlights from the new report include:
- Strong industry performance
- Overall market value of €35,9 billion in 2017
- €28,6 billion household sector
- €7,3 billion professional sector
- Strong sustainability performance
- Nearly 250 companies members of the Charter for Sustainable Cleaning
- 1.5 billion consumer products carried the Charter Advanced Sustainability Profile in 2017
- A 35% reduction in energy use; 36% reduction in CO2 emissions; and 25% reduction in packaging since 2006
- Strong commitment and engagement
- As a constructive partner in EU regulatory activities, A.I.S.E. aims to ensure that its member companies remain competitive and innovative and continue to be a source of growth and job creation
- Strong membership base
- A.I.S.E. represents over 900 companies across Europe.