In the context of the public consultation organized by the European Commission on Regulation EC n. 648/2004 for Detergents, the following main elements have been contributed by our sector:
- A.I.S.E. and its member companies are committed to work proactively to further improve the sustainability profile of their products and services.
- The implementation of Regulation No 648/2004 by the Detergents and Maintenance products sector has been a success particularly in terms of environmental protection (eg biodegradability of surfactants, promotion of the concept of "standard washing machine load” and development of Phosphates-free formulations).
- As a number of new horizontal legislation governing the chemicals sector has been adopted in the meantime (REACH in 2006, CLP in 2008 and Biocidal product regulation in 2012), this has resulted in a number of provisions that are overlapping in particular in terms of redundant labelling provisions for ingredients, allergenic fragrance substances and preservatives.
- The Detergent Regulation review is a unique opportunity to address these shortcomings and reduce the costs that this represents for industry, whilst securing at the same time a more relevant information for end users.
- To see all recommendations suggested, please download