Moderator: Adam Roberts, The Economist, European business and finance correspondent
13.30-14.00 Registration and welcome coffee - exhibition
14.00-14.05 Welcome and introduction: Susanne Zänker, A.I.S.E. Director-General
14.05-15.05 Section 1: The future of Cleaning & Hygiene, Visions, opportunities and frameworks
- Nitin Paranjpe, President, Unilever Home Care Business
- Member of the European Parliament Julie Girling, Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Joanna Drake; Deputy Director-General, DG Environment, European Commission
- Dr Lisa Ackerley, Visiting Professor of Environmental Health, University of Salford (see presentation "Restoring confidence in Hygiene")
15.05-15.20 High-level panel discussion
15.20-15.45 Coffee break and exhibition
15.45-16.45 Section 2: Fit for business and fit for society - Better regulation for detergents
Panel discussion including:
- Klaus Berend, Head of Unit, DG SANTE
- Welmoed Clous, Ecolab, A.I.S.E Board member
- Nicolaj Heuer, German Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (BAuA)
- Christel Musset, Director Registration, ECHA
- Nadia Viva, Procter & Gamble, A.I.S.E. Board member
16.30-16.45 Keynote address: Commissionner Elżbieta Bieńkowska, DG GROW, European Commission
16.45 Conclusions and wrap-up by Arndt Scheidgen, A.I.S.E. President
17.00-18.30 Cocktail and exhibition
A.I.S.E. is the International Association for Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products. Based in Brussels, A.I.S.E. has been the voice of the industry to EU regulators for 65 years.
Membership consists of 29 national associations across Europe, 18 corporate members and six value chain partners. Through this extensive network, A.I.S.E. represents over 900 companies supplying household and professional cleaning products and services across Europe.
A.I.S.E. has a long history in leading voluntary industry initiatives that focus on sustainable design, manufacturing and consumption, product safety and safe use of products by consumers and professional customers.